ENROL NOW – The series is now available as an online video series , where participants can learn at their own pace. You can register here to participate
Get the essentials for STAR RATING roads and designs for safety
The United Nations (UN) have adopted targets that include Star Ratings. iRAP assessments are an internationally recognised approach to managing road safety risk and saving lives and road agencies in more than 90 countries have used iRAP assessments.
To help meet growing demand for Star Rating assessments, iRAP created a specific training video series. The iRAP Star Rating Essentials is a series of five videos recorded after a webinar series delivered in December 2018.
The course includes 5 modules with the following topics:
- Introduction to iRAP, global road safety and the ‘safe system’;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road surveys;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road attribute coding;
- How to use iRAP’s online software, ViDA, to produce Star Rating and Safer Roads Investment Plans (SRIP);
- How iRAP can be used to Star Rate designs;
- Practical survey, coding and Star Rating activities.
Each module has an assignment and certificate is included upon successful completion of the entire course.
Fee: USD200 per person.
This course is also available in Spanish, Portuguese, Russian and Vietnamese.
By taking this training, students will build knowledge about infrastructure risk and develop the skills needed to perform iRAP assessments.