iRAP has just released an updated version of the Activity Accredited suppliers list, with over 110 road safety professionals listed. This updated version of the list is now more user friendly, searchable and listed alphabetically (by individual’s last name).
iRAP accreditation is designed to upskill professionals to perform iRAP-specification activities to the same consistently high level of quality worldwide.
iRAP suppliers are able to bid competitively to provide iRAP-specification services. Although not mandatory, we encourage organisations that are performing and/or commissioning iRAP assessments to make use of accredited personnel.
iRAP activity accreditation has a comprehensive process. This accreditation is awarded only to individuals in one or more of the activities available: Road Survey, Road Attribute Coding, ViDA Creator.
The accreditation applicant needs to prove experience in an iRAP project or take specific training, pass a test for each activity, and agree with the iRAP Code of Conduct. After this part of the process is completed, iRAP issues the certificate and lists the supplier’s name and organisation on the website as an interim accredited supplier.
The benefits of gaining accreditation are:
- Formal acknowledgement that the supplier is capable of performing iRAP-specification activities.
- Formal acknowledgement that your inspection system is capable of being used to perform iRAP-specification surveys and coding.
- Listing of the company and individual on the iRAP website as an accredited supplier. This listing is used regularly by organisations procuring iRAP-specification services, such as the World Bank.
- Licensing of the company and individual to use the iRAP Accredited logo.
- Regular updates on the latest developments in iRAP methodology and specifications.
Click here to view the Accredited supplier table
Click here to know more about iRAP accreditation programme.