Get the essentials for STAR RATING roads and designs for safety – webinar series
iRAP Star Ratings are an internationally-recognised, evidence-based approach to measuring the level of safety that is ‘built in’ to a road for vehicle occupants, motorcyclists, bicyclists and pedestrians.
The United Nations (UN) Member States, through their Global Road Safety Performance Targets 3 and 4, and countries like Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and the UK, have adopted Star Ratings as the metric to measure road infrastructure safety performance, inform safe road designs and upgrades, and save lives.
Don’t miss this valuable professional development opportunity to learn more about iRAP road surveys, attribute coding, Star Rating designs and Safer Road Investment Plans, as well as how to become an iRAP Accredited Supplier.
Get on track for iRAP Accreditation.
- Introduction to iRAP, global road safety and the ‘safe system’;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road surveys;
- How to plan and perform iRAP road attribute coding;
- How to use iRAP’s online software, ViDA, to produce;
- Star Rating and Safer Roads Investment Plans (SRIP);
- How iRAP can be used to Star Rate designs;
- Practical survey, coding and Star Rating activities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
These courses are for people who want to understand and perform iRAP assessments. They are suitable for technical officers, engineers, road safety practitioners and road safety auditors who have experience in data collection and analysis.
DATES, MODULES AND FEES
- 4 December – Introduction to iRAP* – FREE
- 6 December – Road Surveys – USD 75
- 11 December – Attribute Coding – USD 75
- 13 December – ViDA Creator – A – USD 75
- 18 December – ViDA Creator – B – USD 75
Package: USD 270 for 5 modules
* Introduction to iRAP module is mandatory for all the other modules.
Webinars will be run at 6pm AEDT and will last between 60 and 70 minutes.
Time Zone and start times:
- Auckland 8.00pm NZDT
- Mumbai 12.30pm IST
- Shanghai 3.00pm CST
- London 7.00am GMT
- Paris/Munich 8.00am CET
- New York 2.00am EST
- Buenos Aires 4.00am ART
If this time doesn’t work for you, the series will be recorded to be watched later.
Please contact Alessandra Françoia for more information on firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for registration. You will be directed to another website.
WHY WE CHARGE A FEE
As a charity, iRAP’s lifesaving work is made possible through the generosity of our donors. Fees are vitally important to ensure that this type of high quality training is sustainable and accessible.